Bawdsey Primary received a Short Ofsted Inspection in July 2018, the inspection confirmed that the school continues to be Good. Please click on the link below for a copy of the July 2018 inspection report.
Bawdsey Primary was inspected by Ofsted last in July 2014, when the school was once again rated as Good, and Outstanding in pupils' behaviour and attitude to learning. The full report is available here. Highlights include:
- The behaviour of pupils is outstanding. Pupils approach all of their lessons with interest, enthusiasm and determination. They listen respectfully to their teachers and to each other. All of this contributes to their good and improving achievement.
- The school is a harmonious community in which pupils of all ages work and play incredibly well together. Pupils are proud of the school's many achievements particularly in local sporting, musical and mathematical events.
- Pupils' conduct is impeccable. Pupils are extremely polite, friendly and courteous. They are welcoming to visitors to the school and are keen to share their achievements.
- Pupils love their school. They are prompt to arrive each day, eager to know what learning awaits them. and their attendance is consistently high.
- Achievement is good because leaders have been effective in improving teaching. As a result, pupils make good progress.
- Teachers plan and teach lessons that develop pupils' knowledge, skills and enjoyment of learning well.
- Pupils are avid readers. Younger pupils have an excellent understanding of phonics (the sounds letters make). This helps them to read and to enjoy reading from a young age.
- Mathematics is taught well. Pupils use their investigative skills effectively in different subjects and in national mathematical competitions.
- Physical education is a strength of the school. Teams are very successful in county competitions, in a wide variety of sports.
- Pupils' behaviour is exemplary. Pupils are incredibly eager to learn and unreservedly polite to each other and adults. They feel safe when they come to school.
- The curriculum is well-developed. It contributes to pupils' strong spiritual, moral, social and cultural development and is enhanced by numerous visits.
- Governors provide good support and challenge for the school. Their well-considered decisions are fully focused on providing the best for Bawdsey pupils.
The previous Ofstend report, from 2009, is also available here. The school was then also noted as Good, with Outstanding elements.
“Outstanding in pupils' personal development and well being, and in the care, guidance and support they receive” Ofsted
In order to prepare for future Ofsted inspections the school would be grateful if parents could visit the Ofsted Parent view website and enter theirs views.