Notes from 14th Oct meeting 2020The Bawdsey School Association
- Kitchen Shop
- Premier Sports
- Debenhams Pools
- Debenhams Inns
- Riverside Woodbridge
- Suffolk Owl Sanctuary
- Ramsholt Arms
- Fiona Fabrics
- Coltec Garage
- Ufford Park
- Alderton Shop
- Suffolk Punch
- Honey and Harvey
- Browsers Books
- Fire Station
- GW Smith
The principle aim of the BSA is to fundraise - and the money raised helps to pay for visits, events and activities, or equipment / time / personnel for the many after school clubs.
For example, the BSA has previously helped fund:
- the play equipment on the sports field
- the annual Christmas visit of The Storytellers Theatre Group
And this year funding has gone to numerous projects including:
- - The whole school trip to a Christmas play.
- - Class resource wish lists which included some cameras for the children to use.
The sort of events that the BSA holds in order to make this happen are:
- Strawberry Fayre, which is after Sports Day at the school in July
- The Christmas Cracker in December
- Non Uniform Days through the year
- Coffee and Cake Sales after School
As well as fundraising, the BSA also provides a means for parents and friends of the school to get together and share experiences and ideas - as well as welcoming new parents.
The BSA is currently run by the following parents:
Chair - Mr Tony Street
Secretary: Gill Dinwiddie
Treasurer: Jess Palmer
Committee Members: Sophie Cooke, Liz Mann, Laura Evans, Katie Pruden, Jess Mattin, Lizzie Musson, Meg stevens
The BSA is always open and warmly welcome to any current or new parents who want get involved. If you are interested please do speak to or contact any of the people above.
Any new BSA activities or events are posted on the BSA whiteboard (opposite the school board at the children's entrance). All the upcoming BSA events will also be posted on this website.